Who Are We?
We are Arizona Jewish Business Network – a Jewish Entrepreneurial Chavurah that is dedicated to enhancing your business efforts through local, meaningful Jewish relationships. This, in its essence, is what sets us apart from other business networks, other breakfast/lunch/happy hour groups – we seek to serve the community by developing connections with each other, assisting in the development or promotion of our businesses, and engaging in philanthropic acts of tzedakah.
Eddie Pantiliatreported on the coincidence that Christmas began at night and then 8 days later began the secular New Year (also coinciding with Chanukah’s observance). Eddie discussed the Jewish obligation to give tzedakah to Jewish organizations. Part of giving tzedakah is making it a habbit, for example – donating when you go into the synagogue, donating when you sit down to do the bills. Eddie suggests setting $18 aside and giving it to a Jewish charity. So many Jewish organizations are struggling right now because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Heather Rykowski shared the lessons that can be learned from Hamilton:
- I’m not throwing away my shot. We have only one shot to successfully peak the interest of a new client. Don’t be afraid to take a calculated risk.
- If you stand for nothing, what will you fall for? Support movements through words and actions. Consumers are expecting this.
- Have you ever seen somebody ruin their own life? If mistakes happen, get in front of them, take responsibility and admit the error. Outline how you will ensure that this mistake will not happen again.
- I’m erasing myself from the narrative. Focus on the bigger story, whether it is a trend, a big event, a crisis or an initiative, you will increase your chance to resonate with your consumers.
- I want to be in the room when it happens. Demonstrate that you are a professional who can expertly communicate. Use data and analytics.
- I will never be satisfied. Professionals are encouraged to always focus on the horizon. Applaud your victories and use them as inspiration to set data driven goals.
- You have no control over who lives, who dies or who tells your story. You may not always control the narrative of your own being, do what you can.
Please take a look at the Speaker’s List for 2021, and sign up for any open slots. Please share with us any ideas you have for creative meeting activities during times when we will have no speaker.
It’s time to Zelle your quarterly dues to Lorrie Feld. She will create the invoice.
30 Second Commercials
This meeting we recorded the Elevator Pitches of our members for use in our digital spaces. Present were:
Bruce Newman, CMIT Solutions
Cary Frumes, Life At McDowell Mountain and BeLocal
Shawn Bader, FACES Orthodontics
Jacob Leiferman, Leiferman Enterprises
Michele Swetesich-Leon, Marketing Links
Heather Rykowski, AIT Promotions
Audrey Jung, LPC, Jung Psych Services, LLC
Lorrie Feld, AZ Realty Group
Eddie Pantiliat, Hymson, Goldstein, Pantiliat and Lohr
Ira Shapiro, Raintree Wealth Partners
Michael Cohen, Barrett Financial
Presenter: In lieu of presentation this week, we engaged in a Round Robin discussion centering on membership and recruitment. Please send Michele some interesting content about your business for her to highlight on our website and Facebook page. We are hoping to have new posts at least three days per week. Please send a 30-second video about your small business to Cary Frumes who will begin a regular post on his networking Instagram highlighting small businesses in the area. We have agreed to some targeted marketing on Facebook with a starter budget. Audrey has reached out to a journalist at Jewish News to suggest an article about Jewish Business Networking during COVID.